Top 10 Digital Thermometers in India
How to choose a good digital thermometer
Every house in India needs a thermometer at some time or the other. With fever becoming a cause of concern because of new worries like Swine flu, Chikungunia and others, there should always be a thermometer int he house. If anyone has fever more a than a few days and if the fever is very high, then that person should be immediately checked by a doctor. Doing a affordable blood test to catch a problematic virus on time is much better than waiting and losing precious days while the person suffers from fever. This is especially important for infants, small children and elderly people.
Digital Thermometers are the best option today for checking body temperature and if someone has a fever. The glass thermometers with mercury inside them are slowly getting phased out due to potential danger from mercury, which is a poisonous substance.
A digital thermometer uses something known as a thermistor to measure the temperature. This component is an electrical resistor metal whose resistance to electricity increases with an increase in temperature. Depending on how much the resistance increases, the temperature is calculated and displayed in a small digital display on the thermometer.
Digital thermometers are mainly of two kinds, the digital stick thermometers and the non-contact infrared thermometer. In this article we will mainly discuss the digital stick thermometer as that is the more common one.
Digital stick thermometers are either hard tip or soft tip. The soft tip thermometers are more expensive and are also more convenient when using it on children. Digital Stick Thermometers are usually in the range of around 150 to 250 rupees, and are battery operated.
Digital Thermometers usually have the option of showing the temperature in degree Celsius or Fahrenheit. They can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 90 seconds to display the temperature. They are mercury free and unbreakable. They can be used in the mouth, arm pit or rectally, unless otherwise specified. Some soft tip thermometers cannot be used rectally so that must be carefully checked.
Digital Thermometers have a digital display and give out a beep when the temperature has been recorded. Some have additional features like a fever alarm with a special sound, low battery indicator and a few more expensive ones even give fever alarms according to age ranges.
What to look for in a digital thermometer
The features of the particular digital thermometer
The basic difference between digital thermometers are in the features, as all of them use the same technology. Some digital thermometers have a soft tip while some have a hard tip. Some digital thermometers have additional indicators like a beep to indicate the right spot, a beep when the thermometer has finished taking the temperature, or if the temperature indicates a fever at above 99.5 degrees centigrade.
How long the thermometer takes to take the temperature
This can be very important if you are taking the temperature of a child. They can rarely stay still for a long time, and if the digital thermometer takes 90 seconds to the take the temperature, you may not be able to use it at all. In such cases you should try to get a digital thermometer that take sonly 30 seconds to take the temperature. Of course if you go in for an infra-red thermometer the it will take only 2-3 seconds to take the temperature.
Does your digital thermometer have a back light
Sometimes you need to check the temperate of a child in the dark at night without waking up the child or disturbing the child, that’s when a digital thermometer with a back light is really useful. Especially with very small children and infants having a back-lit digital thermometer can be a blessing.
Top 10 Best Digital Thermometers in India
Go ahead and buy a digital thermometer that is trusted and a best seller.
- Professional Accuracy
- For oral, underarm and rectal use
- The thermometer first scans and captures naturally emitted infrared heat, measurement of ambient temperature, liquids and surfaces. Arterial heat balance software then synthesizes these readings to determine body
- Temperature: 2 color coded backlight: Large LCD screen, color coded backlight and 30 results memory; Dual mode: Person/Object mode, measures in both celsius and fahrenheit. Fever alarm in case of excess temperature and red color Lcd backlight will show
- Object mode suitable for measuring temperature of baby bottles with milk. Always accurate measurement: Clinically tested, this thermometer has been clinically tested for accuracy in comparison to rectal thermometers
- Product of USA: Comes with 1 Year Standard Warranty. Warranty can be extended for additional 6 months for free by registering on manufacturer website within 15 days. Extended warranty program is conditional subject to terms and conditions of the manufacturer
- High accuracy certified medical device CE and FDA approved, It Has Both Person And Object Mode
- For oral, rectal and underarm temperature measurement
- 3-digit, + degree celcius (degree fahrenheit) display in 0.1 degree increment, beeps when measurement is completed
- Measurement Accuracy : Â±0.1 degree celcius (32.0 to 42.0 degree celcius)
- Â±0.2 degree fahrenheit (89.6 to 107.6 degree fahrenheit)
- Memory recalls last reading. For any product related quires contact brand toll free number contact_us on: [1800-419-0492] in Working Hours- 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday
- TECHNOLOGY: Designed ergonomic & engineered with latest Infrared Technology smart chips for optimized calibration. Probe sensors are highly accurate in delivering instant readings within 1 second.
- MULTI-MODE MEASUREMENT: Built with multiple temperature detection modes. Not only supports Ear & Forehead function, but also measures temperature of any given object, liquid or room.
- SUITS ALL AGES: Universally made to measure temperature for ALL. Special feature for babies as reading can be taken without disturbing them.
- SAFE & RISK FREE: Efficient companion for each member of family. The mute mode allows you to check temperature of toddlers without disturbance. Safest device for usage as it is FDA approved.
- INDICATORS: The thermometer indicates temperature in colours (Green, Orange & Red) apart from displaying the reading on LCD screen with backlight. Easily toggle between °C & °F.
- Dual Scale (C`& F`), Precise and accurate readings as compared to digital
- Easy to read mercury thermometer
- Clinical thermometer for armpit use
- Extra large, Shows both temperature deg C and Deg F
- Useful for family, doctors, hospitals, home, outdoor, travel, etc.
- Measure both C and F scale
- It is a clinically tested device
- MT 1027 thermometer has fever alarm, non mercury and auto switch off
- Flexible Tip Digital Thermometer
- Colour: White
- Water proof
- Liquid Crystal Display
- Mercury Free with graduated scale
- Fever alarm
- Fast Response
- Alarm Signal, Beeper Alarm, Unbreakable
- THE ESSENTIAL EAR THERMOMETER FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY - Swipe across your infant’s forehead, measure the temperature of your 4-year-old by ear or any adult. This Ear thermometer has it all! You can even use it to measure objects or the ambient temperature.
- PEACE OF MIND WITH CONSISTENT RESULTS - Our tried-and-true all is well series Thermometer gives you accurate readings time after time thanks to the advanced calibration technology and clinically accurate algorithm.
- MULTI-MODE THERMOMETER - The digital thermometer is designed for all ages, adults, infants and elders. It not only supports forehead or ear function, but is able to take room/object temperature. ℃ and ℉ are easily switchable.
- INTELLIGENT LIGHT INDICATOR & 35 SETS OF MEMORY Intelligent light indicator & 35 sets of memory: Equipped with fever warning system, the thermometer for fever will indicate temperature status with corresponding lights and beeps. 35 sets of readings are recorded for better tracking the changes of body temperature.
- BEST THERMOMETER FOR BABY - 1 second fast measurement with instant reading, plus mute mode, just take the temperature without wake your baby up. You can read it clearly even in the dark with a large backlit LCD screen.
- LCD display with 3 colors backlight for easy fever differentiation
- Accurate Readings
- Quick results in 1 second
- Low Battery Indicator
- Fever Alarm