Top 10 Digital Thermometers in India
How to choose a good digital thermometer
Every house in India needs a thermometer at some time or the other. With fever becoming a cause of concern because of new worries like Swine flu, Chikungunia and others, there should always be a thermometer int he house. If anyone has fever more a than a few days and if the fever is very high, then that person should be immediately checked by a doctor. Doing a affordable blood test to catch a problematic virus on time is much better than waiting and losing precious days while the person suffers from fever. This is especially important for infants, small children and elderly people.
Digital Thermometers are the best option today for checking body temperature and if someone has a fever. The glass thermometers with mercury inside them are slowly getting phased out due to potential danger from mercury, which is a poisonous substance.
A digital thermometer uses something known as a thermistor to measure the temperature. This component is an electrical resistor metal whose resistance to electricity increases with an increase in temperature. Depending on how much the resistance increases, the temperature is calculated and displayed in a small digital display on the thermometer.
Digital thermometers are mainly of two kinds, the digital stick thermometers and the non-contact infrared thermometer. In this article we will mainly discuss the digital stick thermometer as that is the more common one.
Digital stick thermometers are either hard tip or soft tip. The soft tip thermometers are more expensive and are also more convenient when using it on children. Digital Stick Thermometers are usually in the range of around 150 to 250 rupees, and are battery operated.
Digital Thermometers usually have the option of showing the temperature in degree Celsius or Fahrenheit. They can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 90 seconds to display the temperature. They are mercury free and unbreakable. They can be used in the mouth, arm pit or rectally, unless otherwise specified. Some soft tip thermometers cannot be used rectally so that must be carefully checked.
Digital Thermometers have a digital display and give out a beep when the temperature has been recorded. Some have additional features like a fever alarm with a special sound, low battery indicator and a few more expensive ones even give fever alarms according to age ranges.
What to look for in a digital thermometer
The features of the particular digital thermometer
The basic difference between digital thermometers are in the features, as all of them use the same technology. Some digital thermometers have a soft tip while some have a hard tip. Some digital thermometers have additional indicators like a beep to indicate the right spot, a beep when the thermometer has finished taking the temperature, or if the temperature indicates a fever at above 99.5 degrees centigrade.
How long the thermometer takes to take the temperature
This can be very important if you are taking the temperature of a child. They can rarely stay still for a long time, and if the digital thermometer takes 90 seconds to the take the temperature, you may not be able to use it at all. In such cases you should try to get a digital thermometer that take sonly 30 seconds to take the temperature. Of course if you go in for an infra-red thermometer the it will take only 2-3 seconds to take the temperature.
Does your digital thermometer have a back light
Sometimes you need to check the temperate of a child in the dark at night without waking up the child or disturbing the child, that’s when a digital thermometer with a back light is really useful. Especially with very small children and infants having a back-lit digital thermometer can be a blessing.
Top 10 Best Digital Thermometers in India
Go ahead and buy a digital thermometer that is trusted and a best seller.
- Memory ,Beeper
- Measurement Accuracy :+/- 0.2 Degree , Auto Shut OFF ,Water Resistant
- Professional Accuracy
- For oral, underarm and rectal use
- For oral, rectal and underarm temperature measurement
- 3-digit, + degree celcius (degree fahrenheit) display in 0.1 degree increment, beeps when measurement is completed
- Measurement Accuracy : Â±0.1 degree celcius (32.0 to 42.0 degree celcius)
- Â±0.2 degree fahrenheit (89.6 to 107.6 degree fahrenheit)
- Memory recalls last reading. For any product related quires contact brand toll free number contact_us on: [1800-419-0492] in Working Hours- 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday
- Flexible Tip Digital Thermometer
- Colour: White
- Water proof
- The thermometer first scans and captures naturally emitted infrared heat, measurement of ambient temperature, liquids and surfaces. Arterial heat balance software then synthesizes these readings to determine body, Buzzer: Yes
- Temperature: 2 color coded backlight: Large LCD screen, color coded backlight and 30 results memory; Dual mode: Person/Object mode, measures in both celsius and fahrenheit. Fever alarm in case of excess temperature and red color Lcd backlight will show
- Object mode suitable for measuring temperature of baby bottles with milk. Always accurate measurement: Clinically tested, this thermometer has been clinically tested for accuracy in comparison to rectal thermometers
- Product of USA: Comes with six months Warranty from date of invoice generation for free by registering on manufacturer website within 15 days. The warranty is subject to the terms & conditions of the manufacturer
- LARGE LCD DISPLAY: This easy-to-read digital thermometer features an LCD display with a clear view of the temperature reading. 100% mercury free and safe for use.
- QUICK READ: It displays the body temperature within 60 seconds and stores the last reading for future use
- FLEXIBLE TIP: Get accurate and comfortable measurements with the soft and flexible tip
- WARNING ALARM: Fever Alarm (which gets activated when the measurement is complete)
- CLEANING & DISINFECTION TIPS:Clean the unit by wiping it with a dry cloth. Wipe it down with alcohol wipes. Don’t let the unit contact any chemical thinner. Do not soak the display in water.
- Dual scale (c`& for`), precise and accurate readings as compared to digital
- Easy to read mercury thermometer
- Clinical thermometer for armpit use
- Extra large, shows both temperature deg c and deg for
- Useful for family, doctors, hospitals, home, outdoor, travel, etc
- TECHNOLOGY: Designed ergonomic & engineered with latest Infrared Technology smart chips for optimized calibration. Probe sensors are highly accurate in delivering instant readings within 1 second.
- MULTI-MODE MEASUREMENT: Built with multiple temperature detection modes. Not only supports Ear & Forehead function, but also measures temperature of any given object, liquid or room.
- SUITS ALL AGES: Universally made to measure temperature for ALL. Special feature for babies as reading can be taken without disturbing them.
- SAFE & RISK FREE: Efficient companion for each member of family. The mute mode allows you to check temperature of toddlers without disturbance. Safest device for usage as it is FDA approved.
- INDICATORS: The thermometer indicates temperature in colours (Green, Orange & Red) apart from displaying the reading on LCD screen with backlight. Easily toggle between °C & °F.
- Large temperature measuring range switch between fahrenheit and celsius temperature scales
- The distance to spot ratio is 12:1, it can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most other ir thermometers
- Built-in laser for precisely aiming built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure.operates on a twelve-to-one ratio ,accuracy +/- 2% on 95 emissive surfaces ,response time of 500ms
- Big backlit screen makes it very easy to see the measured temperature, feature auto shut-off to save battery and data hold function
- Mode button to hold the max and min data.temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct
- Super Quick Read Oral And Rectal Thermometer - 10 Seconds Fast And Accurate With Best Mercury Thermometer Alternative
- Flexible Alarm Tip: The Thermometer Will Beep When It Finishes Registering The Temperature, And Will Beep More Rapidly When The Temperature Is Above Normal Range.
- Flexible Soft Tip Fits Naturally Under Tongue Or Under Arm. Flexible Probe Conforms The Mouth.
- No Hazard Compared To Broken Mercury Glass Thermometers.
- The Dr Trust in system as can forehead and ear thermometer is quick way of calculating body heat. Place the thermometer in contact with the forehead and eardrum to measure the body temperature
- It is useful for measuring room and other objects temperature. Under object mode, keep the probe of the thermometer 3-5 mm away from the items like baby food or bottles and other objects
- Colour changing screen shows colour coded results as per the level of temperature. Displays green for normal orange for low fever and red for high fever during the detection
- Switch easily between Fahrenheit and Celsius according to your convenience. The thermometer allows the taking of the temperature with interchangeable temperature units (Celsius to Fahrenheit)
- Excellent performance and high accuracy ensured. The thermometer gives reliable fever results within 1 second at home. It alarms in case of high fever or temperature