Top 10 Best Door Locks in India
Door locks seem to be a simple purchase, but when you go and have a look at the types and brands available you will not be able to choose very easily. The choice of a door lock impacts your entire home or office. You need to take many things into consideration when buying a door lock. Is the door opening to the outside world or is it it an internal door? How often will the door be locked and unlocked with a key? Is the door going to be exposed to the elements? In this guide you will be able to learn about door locks in India and then be able to choose from the best door locks in India.
How to choose a door lock – Top 10 Best Door Locks in India
Not all door locks are the same. In all probability you really didn’t notice door locks much until you decided to buy one. Well if you want to know how to choose a door lock, just read on.
This article will take you through the process of how to choose a suitable door lock, so that you get the best door lock for your particular needs.
In India, there are a very large number of companies that sell door locks and locks in general. The most prominent names in this area are Godrej, Harrison, Link, Stanley etc. Today the number of brands available to buy online is huge, as a lot of Chinese lock makers are selling in India.
Here is a quick look at the best locks available in India today. These are the top few amongst the Top 10 Best Locks in India:
|Godrej Classic Cylindrical Lock||
|Atom Mortice Door Handle Lock||
|CP Plus Electronic Door Lock||
Types of door locks available to buy
There are essentially two kinds of door locks available in the market today. The mortise locks and the rim locks. As the name of the rim lock suggest, it is aligned with the rim of the door and placed on the wood of the door, which is why jut out and the entire lock can be seen on the inner side of the door. The mortise locks are built into the wood of the door and only the locking mechanism is seen at the edge of the door, and nothing juts out.
The mechanism of the doors are of a few types – latch locks, deadbolts, sash locks and handlesets.
The latch lock springs back when it is released. You will have come across door knobs that you turn to open the door and when you release the knob the lock spring back. These are latch locks. When you shut the door, the lock falls into place automatically and you do not need to turn a key to lock it.
The second type is the deadbolt that requires a key to either lock or unlock. The deadbolt locks do not spring back and as such are more secure that latch locks. To open a door with a deadlock, you will have to use a key, and to lock the door, you will have to use the key again.
The third kind is the sash lock and that is essentially a combination of the latch lock and the deadbolt. These sash locks provide a higher level of security than just deadbolts.
The last type of lock is the handle set and as the name suggests it is the entire lock mechanism with the handle. This is seen in most door in India. The handlesets are actually a combination of the sash lock with the entire handle apparatus of the door. Since it is an integrated lock system it is the most secure of the four types.
Tips for buying and fixing a door lock in India
You should go in for a good well known brand if possible, though some lesser known lock brands are also very good in terms of quality.
The first thing to think about is the door itself. The door on which you are planning to put the lock will have to have the required width of the lock. Usually the width required is minimum 35 mm of thickness. The door also needs to be made of solid wood for a secure locking system.
Also the door that you are considering may have a design or texture on it, and your lock should not clash with it, but complement it. Thus you also need to look at the design and material of the door before choosing the door lock. In many houses the decor is of a particular style and colour scheme. You may need to ensure that the door lock goes with the look of the house.
One of the important considerations is what level of security you want for that particular door. As a quick example the main door of the house needs to be the most secure, whereas the bathroom door only needs a light locking system on it. Thus you can put a handleset in the main door and a knob latch lock in the bathroom door.
You can consider the following options for different doors in your house. The bedroom door can have a handleset, so that it can be locked up when you go out for a few days on a holiday, while the rest of the house is left open for the maids and other household staff. Since the main door is the most important in terms of security, you can put a secure handleset with a latch lock and a deadbolt system. Also you can have further security on it with a chain lock, that enables secure partial opening of the door.
A quick assessment of what kind of security is required for which doors in your house is a god idea. You can consider the main door as one of the most high security doors in the house, If there are many other doors that lead out, like a side door or a back entry door, then these too should be treated as a high security doors. Your bedroom door is a medium security door as you will not need to locket on most days and only when you are going on a holiday or for a longer outing. The kitchen door and the balcony door (provided you are living in a higher floor whose balcony cannot be reached from the ground) can be considered a little medium security. The bathroom doors, study room door and storage room doors can be taken as low security.
When fixing the door lock, make sure that the thickness of the door is suitable for the lock you are buying. Also when fixing the lock to the door, it should be protected from saw dust and cleaning liquids like turpentine and solvents and chemicals etc.
High security door locks with biometric, fingerprint, electronic systems – the best high tech door locks
A regular door lock sometimes is not enough. There are requirements for an ultra-high security door lock or an automated system with advanced technology. A keyed door lock is not always the answer. That is when you can look at options like biometric, fingerprint or electronic system door locks.
These high tech door lock systems are becoming increasingly popular in apartments and housing complexes, where you want a higher level of security or maybe you need one because you tend to lose the door keys often. These high tech door locks come with many options and additional features. There are door lock systems which use biometric systems and fingerprint technology. Some door locking systems use the RFID technology which will open the door automatically on scanning the RFID code. Obviously these door lock cost a lot more and are much more sophisticated in terms of technology and mechanisms.
Usually these high tech door locking systems are installed in the main doors of houses and other high security requirement doors. We feel that if you feel that you need a high level of safety and security, these high-tech door lock systems are a good idea, even if you end up spending more money. After all the safety and security of you and your family members is above all costs.
These high security and high tech door lock systems cannot be picked or tampered with in most cases and provide much more secure door locking system.
Have a look at the best options for advanced door locks available in India.
Here are Digital Door Locks in India
Here are Biometric Door Locks in India
Top 10 Best Door Locks in India in – India’s best locks for doors
This is a unique list of the best door locks in India, as it is updated every day. This list of Top 10 Best Door Locks in India therefore only features the best top selling door locks. Also since they are top bestsellers they are already widely tested and tried. Thousands of Indian buyers have already bought and used them, and they come to buy them again, because these lock are fantastic value for money and deliver the best quality for its price range.
Find a great door lock now!
- Entrance doors for residential and commercial establishments
- Single panel doors 32mm to 45mm thick
- Backset : 60mm
- Knobs made of stainless steel
- Pin cylinder mechnism in brass
- Keyless Mortice Lock Set
- Bathroom & Bedroom Keyless Lock
- Steel Metal Without key Mortice Lock
- Box: Steel Mortice Baby Handle Set | Baby Keyless Mortice Lock | Spindle | Screw | Complete Set
- Durable and Long Life
- Material: Zinc Alloy, Color: Satin Steel, 1Ck: 1 Cylinder,1 Knob (Operable by key from one side)
- Package Contents: 2-Pieces Lock Plate Handles, 1-Piece Lock Body, 1-Piece Receptacle Plate, 5-Pieces Keys, 6-Pieces Screws, 1-Piece Instruction Manual
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects from the date of purchase
- Pin cylinder technology gives high security
- High grade mazak handle ensures better strength and durability
- Package contains: 2 handle sets 1 lock with 2 keys
- The keys can be used for both left and right hand side opening doors, other screws and all required accessories
- Zinc alloy door handle with lock body
- Finish : Matt/CP
- Material : Mortise - Zink Alloy & Lock Body : Stainless Steel
- High Grade Handle ensures better strength and durability & Better finish
- 1 Set lock Body , Size : 45×85 , 70 MM Cylinder & Computer Rise Key
- Package Contents: 2-Pieces Rose Mortise Handles, 1-Piece Lock Body, 70 MM Cylinder, 1-Piece Receptacle Plate, 3-Pieces Computer Rise Keys, 4-Pieces Male & Female Screws , 1-Piece L&Key
- Steel Mortice Handle Lock Set
- Package: 2 Handle | 1 Lock | 2 Keys | Spindle | Screw | Complete Set
- Easy to use Mortise lock for home & others
- Finish Black Silver | Long Life | Durable
- Handle Length = 180mm | Width = 42mm | Height = 43mm
- Atom Glanza K/Y B.A.8" Mortise Handle Lock Set Accepted for All Doors
- Package : 1 spindle bar , 1 lock , handle pair , 1 side crame , 12 screw ,
- Brings you the traditional art of Indian locks by offering you the most beautiful hardware products made by new technology
- ATOM Products are prepaired by the consummated and professional surface treatment and anticorrosion technology.
- High Quality Raw Material and Stringent Manufacturing Technology
- Inside the Box: 2-Lock Plate Handles, 1-Lock Body, 3-Keys, 1 Square Rod and Screw Set
- Durable Black Silver finish with Lacquer for Long Life
- Highly durable with aesthetic design meets high standards along with maximum functionality
- Warranty: 500 Days from Purchase Date against any manufacturing defects.
- Godrej Mortise 2 plates with satin finish
- One Cylender Lock & CY Body along with 2 Keys
- Complete fitting accessories
- Door Locks For Entrance doors for residential and commercial establishments
- Single panel doors 32mm to 45mm thick and Lock Backset - 60 MM
- This Lock is comes With 60 MM End to End Dimensional Side latch(locking part) and those are are replacing there old lock please must check this latch dimension of previously installed lock if it is 50 mm then Please contact us via messaging us on Amazon via Contact Seller tab or Whatsapp us On 6398672425 after placing your order.
- Stainless Steel Grade 202 Cover with 3 Keys
- Warranty: 2 Years warranty from the date of invoice