Top 10 Best Masticating Juicers in India 2018
Updated on March 23, 2019
Masticating juicers are the need of the hour in every Indian household which believes in healthy and nutritious eating. Today the goodness of fruits are lost unless you actually eat the fruits or use a masticating or slow juicer. All the commercial fruit juices and pulps have lesser and lesser fruit content and nowhere near enough of the nutrition and goodness of raw fruits.
If you use a regular blender to take out the juice from most fruits, the action of heat takes away a lot of the nutrients and beneficial properties of the fruits.
That is where a cold press juicer or a masticating juicer comes in useful. When you use a masticating juicer then the beneficial part of the fruits are perfectly preserved and every glass filled that fruit juice is fully packed with nutrients, goodness and health benefits.
That is reason enough for everyone to buy a masticating juicer, however they don’t come very cheap. Our belief is that when it comes to health money should be secondary (of course you need to be able to afford it in the first place). By saying that money should be secondary we mean that instead of spending on things like eating out and entertainment, it is better to save up and buy something that will have health benefits, like a good masticating juicer.
How to choose a masticating or sloe juicer
How easily does the pulp get ejected
Make sure it has a pulp collecting container, or else you will have to position it over dustbin. An external pulp collection container is considered to be the best option.
Can you do a variety of things with it
Your masticating juicer should have a variety of options, speeds and strainers. The speed option is important as it is best to use a slow speed for soft fruits like grapes, while you need a faster speed for harder fruits like apples.
Does it have a wide fruit input opening or chute
The wider the opening for feeding the fruit pieces the easier it is. You can even put in some smaller vegetable without needing to slice them. With the opening being wide the chances of it getting clogged are also lower, which is beneficial on many levels.
Is the masticating juicer sized correctly for your kitchen counter
Sometimes the masticating juicer can be too large in size for your particular kitchen counter or the place you plan to keep it. Thus find out the size before purchasing it. On the flip size, if it is a larger slow juicer you will have bigger holders and cups and be able to do more juicing in one shot.
It should be easy to clean
If you plan on doing a lot of cold press juicing, then your juicer needs to be easy to clean.
Masticating Juicer Maintenance Tip
Every once in a while juice a lemon whole in the slow juicer, this will keep it smelling fresh and also reduces the probability of any staining happening.
This is a list of the best selling masticating juicers in India and they make a very selection to buy one for your home. If you are even slightly inclined towards one, and believe that you or your family can benefit from a masticating juicer, just go ahead and choose one from the list below. You will end up with a great product that will deliver health benefits and also last for years.
Top 10 Best Masticating Juicers in India
#1 Philips Viva Collection Masticating juicer HR1887/81 XL tube, 70 mm Quick clean
- Wide mouth 70mm feeding tube
- QuickClean technology with easy-to-clean micro-sieve
- Releases more nutrition from fruit and vegetables
- Compact storage of pulp container inside juice collector
#2 Premsons Slow Juicer The Original - Gold (Cold Press Slow Juicer)
- Extract various of vegetables and fruits, such as celery, ginger, wheat grass, leafy greens, carrot, apples, oranges, etc. All these functions make the juice extractor a versatile machine that is worth investing in for a modern kitchen.
- As a masticating juicer, the auger spins at 80 RPM that preserves the vitamins, enzymes, minerals, trace minerals and nutrients from being destroyed as opposed to centrifugal juicers. Keep minimal Oxidation, low heat build-up, less foaming and no clogging.
- Slow juicer is higher juice yield compared to centrifugal juicers by the auger squeezing and reverse function. You will be surprised with how the juices extracted using these juicer really taste, so delicious, rich, concentrated and flavorful.
- Easy to assemble, operate, and clean, dishwasher-safe parts make cleanup a breeze. Runs quietly - less than 60 decibels. Heavy-duty and stable body that let you enjoying a quiet environment and healthy life when making juice.
#3 Lexen GP27 Original Healthy Juicer
- Excellent for leafy vegetables including Wheatgrass. Suitable for all types of Fruits and Vegetables.
- Masticating technique retains Nutrients and produce a healthier, tastier and Non-Oxidized Juice!
- Easy famous 3 minute cleanup with all parts removable
- BPA Free plastic. ULTEM Augur for Long Life.
- Robust 1 year warranty for Manufacturing defects for product bought from Authorised Distributor Luxurious Necessities.
#4 Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-Litre Juicer
- Material housing: ABS Plastic and Material jug: PP Plastic
- Material pulp container and pusher: ABS, SAN
- Drip stop, compact design, QuickClean technology, smooth and easy to clean
- Direct serve, QuickClean sieve and can see-through pulp container
- Make up to 1.5 litre in one go
- Integrated pulp container
- This product does not require installation. please contact brand customer care for any product related queires. Customer Service Number: 18001022929
#5 Prestige PSJ 3.0 200-Watt Juicers
- Content: Prestige Squeezo Slow and Silent Juicer -Psj 3.0
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Voltage: 230V; Wattage: 200W
- Safe Interlocking System: The system prevents the juicer from switching on automatically when the lid isnt locked
- Powerful DC Motor: The DC motor ensures uniform speed under any kind of load ensuring faster and efficient juicing without over heating
- Convenient Rinsing: Cleaning it is a lot easier. Simply pour water into the juicer between each cycle to rinse without disassembling during an extended juicing session of up to 30 minutes
- Contents: 1 unit of Prestige PSJ 3.0, Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturers warranty (080-33441111)
- Warranty: 1 Year Product Warranty
#6 Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer
- Squeeze every drop from your fruits and vegetables
- Clean within 1 minute
- Easy to use
- Material: Aluminium
- Jug Material: SAN jug and PS cover
- Integrated cord storage, XL tube and 1 speed setting
- This product does not require installation. Please contact brand customer care for any product related queires
#7 KitchenAid KSM1JA Masticating Juicer and Sauce Attachment
- Powered by your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Fits all Household KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- 3 Pulp Screens for Low Pulp and High Pulp Juices, Sauces and Jams
- Extra wide feed tube for a variety of sizes of soft, hard or leafy fruits and vegetables
- Model KSM1JA includes 3 Pulp Screens, Pitcher, Waste Container
#8 Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- Speed: 45 RPM
- Suitable for soft and hard fruits
- Frozen attachment, juice cup and pulp cup
- Warranty: 5 years on motor and 1 year on rest of the product
- Power: 150 watts
- Includes: Slow juicer, Frozen attachment, Juice container, Cleaning brush, Pulp container, Instruction manual and Warranty card
#9 Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer
- Anti-oxidize your body with maximum nutrients, vitamins, trace minerals, phyto-chemicals.
- Dense juice with practically no air bubbles. Almost no oxidation, Stays fresh longer.
- More Juice than centrifugal juicers and bone-dry pulp compared to any cold press juicer
- All parts are 100 percent BPA free and made with the superior quality of materials: Suger made of Ultem plastic (spacecraft material), Juicer bowl made of triton plastic, Strainers made of stainless steel 304 and Ultem plastic
- Takes only 1 minutes to clean the juicer, pour 300 ml water and run the unit, most pulp on the strainer will be cleaned
- Large Feeding Tube (75 mm, Drop a full apple/Orange in the feeding tube)
- Best Auger with patented Large knobs to squeeze the last drop of juice.
- Auger is 46mm in height as against 41mm of competition.
#10 Hurom HE Series, 70 RPM Cold Press Slow Juicer
- Rotation speed of 70 RPM
- Juice Cap - The lockable juice cap helps you to prepare variety of mixed juices at one time with different fruits and vegetables
- Made with a BPA-free, impact resistant ABS plastic body, heavy-duty ULTEM strainer and auger are 8x stronger than traditional plastics allowing our slow juicers to handle years of daily use
- World's number 1 selling slow juicer brand
- The safety magnetic system that adds superior safety function in Hurom HE series
- Warranty: 5 years on motor and 1 year on body
- Power: 150 watts
- Includes: Slow juicer, Coarse strainer, Fine strainer, Juice container, Pulp container, Hopper lid, Pusher, Cleaning brush (Large/Small), User manual, Warranty card and Recipe book
Making a good choice of a slow juicer
The best way to choose a slow juicer is to look at the list of Top 10 Best Masticating Juicers in India in 2018, and make a choice after looking at all the features and specifications. Depending on your budget and requirements, we suggest that you should definitely look at the Panasonic MJ-L500 and the Usha Nutripress CPJ362F, which is truly a cut above the others.
How to choose a Slow Juicer also known as a Masticating Juicer
To get to a healthy body you should get a big part of your nutrition every day from fruits and vegetables. Fop that juicing is a wonderful way to bring out all the great nutrients from fruits and vegetables and give it to your body. And all of this without having to eat a lot of food.
Juice will also keep your kids healthy. That is a great reason to get a slow juicer already. Most kids love it when their vegetables are added to fruit in a juice form, but they will never have vegetables otherwise. Giving juice will make a difference in their health and immunity. It is known to reduce colds, infections and help kids grown into strong and healthy youngsters.
Here is a look at how to pick out a juicer for yourself. There are three main types of juicers.
Slow Juicer or a Masticating Juicers
The slow juicer or what is also known as a masticating juicer is far better than a centrifugal juicer. These slow juicers are slightly more expensive but are definitely the better choice compared to centrifugal juicers. Experts say that a masticating juicer is an investment for your good health and your family’s good health. The slow juicers efficiently take out all the juice from fruits and vegetables and give you all the nutrients possible. These juices break up the vegetables and the fruits more thoroughly and press out the juice from the pulp through a narrow opening.
Slow or Masticating juicers have a lot of other uses too. They can be used to make ice cream, smoothies, nut butters, purees, pasta and even baby food and even baby food. They should be your choice of juicers for your family. Have a look at the list of Top 10 Best Slow Juicers in India in 2018 and make a choice today.
The Centrifugal Juicer
You will find it easy to find a centrifugal juicer, and it is relatively cheaper. The centrifugal juicer grates fruits and vegetables and grinds them and then throws them out at great speed using centrifugal force. This mixes air into the juice. Thought eh juice comes out in a healthy form but the air makes it turn brown quickly because of oxidation. These juicers are also not able to get all of the juice out. On the whole the masticating juicers are good if you are on a budget but they do not bring out all the juice and are relatively lower when it comes to nutrients.
Triturating Juicers or Twin Gear Juicers
These are the really high end juicers and they bring out the most juice and nutrients from fruits and vegetable and also prevent oxidation of the juice. You can have a look at one of the Best Triturating or Twin Gear Juicers in India here.
Slow and thorough, these juicers produce no heat and prevent oxidation of the resulting fresh juice.