Top 10 Soundbars – Best Soundbars in India
Updated on December 17, 2018
Hey you’re planning on buying a soundbar, that’s great!
A soundbar does a great job of making your television sound like a movie hall. Oh well not exactly like a movie hall but certainly much much better than the original audio of the television.
A small tip before you go and have a look at the many options here. Try to stick with a good brand, you’ll benefit not just in the long term (boooring) but in the short term too… Why? Because of the superior sound quality from the moment you put it on.
Go buy your soundbar now!
Buying guide Soundbars – how to buy Soundbars in India
When the flat screen TVs came into Indian households, the picture quality and the viewing experience really improved. However, the sound coming from the TVs did not improve that much. The reason being in the older CRT TVs there was a lot of depth and space for a good robust speakers, but with the thin flat TVs, the speakers also were smaller and not as powerful. Thus the sound of most Flat TVs isn’t as good as it should be.
That’s where Soundbar speakers for TVs came in. These sleek and usually long speakers come stylishly under the Flat TVs and deliver a solid audio experience to really enhance the entire viewing experience of a large flat screen TV.
It is a very simple decision to go in for a soundbar for your flat screen TV, but the problem is which one to choose. There are uncountable new designs and styles coming in every day. The prices range from a few thousand to more than fifty thousand. The companies are either the same ones that made your TV or specialised audio companies.
So how do you choose a good soundbar for your flat TV? This guide will help you in making the right choice.
Let’s start at the very beginning (from Sound of Music) – what is a soundbar?
Simply put soundbar speakers as they have been named are bar shaped speakers that complement flat screen TVs and deliver a far better and more enjoyable viewing and listening experience with your flat screen TV.
There are some variations in this kind of speakers too. Slightly different from the soundbars are the soundplates, soundstands and the soundbars with base speakers.
The soundbar consists of a series of speakers arranged in a straight line so that when we look at the finished product it looks like a long bar. It is undoubtedly a Smart design and complements the looks of a flat screen TV very well.
Ideally the soundbar speakers are placed under your flat screen TV and hung just under them on the wall. Though they are called soundbars, now the variations have started to come in different shapes too. The most popular ones are still the elongated bars though.
Note of Caution: As mentioned before soundbar speakers start from a very low price of just a couple of thousands too. However if you buy a soundbar speaker that is not of a basic minimum quality, it may end up sounding worse than your TV. Keep that in mind when you buy a soundbar speaker for your flat screen TV.
Connecting the soundbar speaker to the TV
In most cases the connection between the soundbar speaker and your flat screen TV is through an HDMI cable or an optical cable. It is as simple as finding the HDMI or optical cable socket on the side or back of your TV and plugging in the cable from the soundbar speaker.
The soundbars offer more sockets if you go in for a better quality or a slightly more high end model. Many will have a USB port, and other sockets for connecting a CD player or music player, a computer etc.
Also an important point is the remote for the TV and the soundbar. In most cases each will have a separate remote but in some models the same remote will be able to power on and off both the TV and the soundbar speaker.
Is it better to buy a soundbar from the same brand as my TV or some other brand?
When you are choosing a soundbar for your TV, buying a soundbar of the same brand as your TV seems to be the best thing to do. You get a fully compatible soundbar and in all probability the same remote will control both the TV and the soundbar. Also in terms of design they will both be similar and will look good together. There is nothing wrong with doing this, but if you want to take your viewing experience to the next level then you should choose a soundbar made by a brand that is specialist in sound or speaker technology.
Suppose you have an LG TV, then choosing an LG soundbar will be fine, but if you want a really fantastic soundbar that delivers high quality sound, you can choose a Bose soundbar. Since all soundbars look more or less the same, they really won’t clash or look odd in terms of design. So take a call on this, and decide what you want to go with, choosing a soundbar from a different brand makes a lot of sense if it is a sound and speaker specialist brand.
Do I need surround sound in the soundbar?
Most soundbars create the effect of surround sound with the existing speakers inside the soundbar, but some of them actually have additional speakers to create true surround. When the soundbar itself offers surround, it will not ebe a huge improvement and will not deliver a great surround sound, so that can be avoided. If you don’t mins spending some extra money then go with wi-fi connected additional speakers for surround sound.
Another feature that you can look for is Dolby Atmos sound. This is high quality audio and is offered by some content providers, but it is not worth a significantly higher price.
An interesting tip is that you can guess the kind of sound a particular soundbar will deliver by checking out the sound of the brand. For example some brands project themselves as delivering high fidelity true sound, whereas some may appear to give out bombastic high bass sound. So, sometimes you may be able to make a rough estimate of the kind of sound by the brand itself.
One simple rule is that you get what you pay for. There are very low cost soundbars which might end up sounding worse than your TV itself, then the high end more expensive soundbars from well known brands will deliver great sound.
If you want really extraordinary sound with all the effects, surround sound and impact of a great audio experience, then go in for a home theatre system instead of a soundbar.
You can check out the Top 10 Best Home Theatre Systems in India here, and the Top 10 Best High End Home Theatre Systems in India here.
Should I go in for a subwoofer soundbar?
A soundbar with an additional sub-woofer unit will deliver better sound. The low bass sound that you can feel in your gut, which really enhance movies with special effects, will come out much better with a sub-woofer soundbar. Go in for one if you really want a great audio experience with your TV. Do try and make sure that you are getting a high quality sub-woofer unit otherwise the extra money spent will go to waste.
So, now that you know what to consider when buying a soundbar go ahead and choose from the Top 10 Best Soundbars in India in 2018 from the list below:
Top 10 Best Soundbars in India – the best and most popular sounbars in India
This list of the top 10 best soundbars in India is updated every day so you only get the latest and the best. Each soundbar is a top bestseller and has been purchased by many discerning Indian buyers already.
Go ahead and choose the best soundbar in India from the Top 10 Soundbars in India.
- DTS Virtual: X virtual 3D surround sound and Dolby Digital Sound Bar
- Built-in subwoofers for deep bass in one slim sound bar, Clear Voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- Bluetooth Ver 5. 0 streaming that allows easy switching between two devices. Improved design
- Simple setup with HDMI, optical or AUX connection and simple wall mounting keyholes
- All-in-one Sound bar with built-in Dual Bass Port design
- Bring movies to life with JBL Surround Sound, without the hassle of any additional wires or speakers
- Stream all your music wirelessly from any mobile device
- HDMI Connections
- JBL 2.1-Channel Sound bar with Wireless Subwoofer
- Enjoy JBL sound with 300W of power
- JBL Surround Sound makes movies come alive
- Rich and deep bass from a 6.5 (165mm) wireless subwoofer
- Connect your devices with HDMI IN/ 1 HDMI out (ARC)
- Real and Dynamic Home theatre experience.
- Experience Movies with High Quality Sound
- Multiple Input Options - Bluetooth / USB / Micro SD / Aux / Line In
- LED Display and Full function remote control
- Stream Music wirelessly through any Bluetooth enable device
- JBL 5.1 Surround Sound with 510W of power
- Detachable, battery-powered wireless surround speakers
- Thrilling bass from a 10 (250mm) wireless subwoofer
- True 4K connectivity with 3 HDMI In/ HDMI Out (ARC)
- Wireless music streaming with Bluetooth
- Packed with technologies that deliver immersive and spacious sound, so you can bring your music, movies and TV shows to life
- Premium glass and metal grille make the sound bar look as good as it sounds
- Bluetooth with NFC pairing and Wi-Fi technology let you stream music wirelessly, whichever way you prefer
- Add optional Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module and Virtually Invisible 300 wireless surround speakers anytime for deeper bass and full-on surround sound
- Adapted audio room calibration fine-tunes the system's sound to your room, so your sound always fits your space
- Fill the room with 5.1 channel real surround sound
- An impressive power output of 600W
- Easy Bluetooth connectivity with NFC one-touch wireless audio streaming
- USB audio playback
- Browse music list of pen-drive from a distance using the Songpal application
- Single sound bar provides better sound quality compared to your TV
- Dialogue mode to make every word and detail stand out
- Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly stream music from any of your devices
- One connection to your TV
- Universal remote controls TV, bass, Bluetooth connections and more
- JBL 2.1 Soundbar
- JBL Soundbar
- Comes with remote control
- Soundbar with wireless subwoofer
- JBL Cinema SB250
- Total Rms Is 50W From 5.25 Inch Woofer and 3 Inch Satellite Speakers
- Its A Soundbar Cum 2.1 Speaker. With The Simple Locking System, You Can Have The Experience of Both
- Control Bass and Treble Through Remote
- USB Port Supports Upto 32Gb
- Remote Control Range Is 10 Feet
Last update on December 5, 2018 / Affiliate links / Images from Product Advertising API
Here is a surprise soundbar that you might fall in love with – Surprise Soundbar.