Top 10 Best Speakers for PC – Best Speakers for PC in India 2018
Updated on August 14, 2018
Buying PC speakers sounds like a very simple exercise, but if you are looking for good sound, it isn’t. The problem is that the market is flooded with low quality speakers at a very low price. They are so cheap that you don’t mind buying them and risking getting slightly below standard speakers.
In fact the most popular speakers are just a few hundred rupees. We have nothing against these cheap computer speakers, they will work very well if all you need is to be able to hear an odd YouTube video or something shared on Facebook or once in a while listening to some mp3 songs.
In fact the list of Top 10 Best Computer Speakers in India in 2018 has a whole slew of low cost and bearable sound quality speakers. By bearable sound quality I mean that at low volumes you will hear a decent reproduction of the audio, though a tad unclear, but as soon as you try to hear some bass sounds or increase the volume you will start having very glaring issues. The speakers at this low cost are just not equipped to play back great quality audio, and you will never get crystal clear sound even at low volumes.
But are you in the mood to spend a big packet and get really high quality speakers for your computer?
Well I for one am not. I like to listen to audio from my computer but not all the time, and I do not really expect awesome theatre like sound quality from it. All I want is that when I do listen to the audio from the computer, it should be clear and should be pleasing. And for that I don’t want to shell out several thousand rupees. I would rather invest in a full-fledged music system, or a home theatre system and get the very best.
That is why we looked around at all the options and zoomed in in one pair of computer speakers that aren’t too costly and yet deliver good sound quality. We tested out all the speakers that are below 1000 but didn’t find even one that was good enough. However when we moved to speakers under 1500, we found one that was pretty good.
The computer speakers we liked were the Philips Multimedia Speakers 2.0 costing around 1,300 rupees. Check out the current price here.
Frankly, you can read the specifications and read reviews and check out its features but the real test of the quality is in actually using it and listening to its sound. And that is what we have done. We purchased these speakers and have used them for over 3 months now. Our verdict is that the sound is great, the price is reasonable and the overall product is definitely worth going in for.
Here are the main features of the Philips Multimedia Speakers 2.0 –
The Philips PC Speakers deliver dynamic sound in a stylish glossy black finish.
The total output power in RMS is 3 Watts, which is pretty decent. The input sockets are to the front of the speakers making it quite convenient. It has an aux-in and headphone out on the front of speaker, which makes it ultra-convenient to use. If you want to her from your headphones just plug it in from the front, and you are done. If you want to play music from another source just plug in the aux-in jack from the front without needing to remove other wires and cables from behind and other places. So easy and fast!
Since they are bass reflex speakers the bass effect is superior to most other speakers in the range. It is definitely a cut above the usual computer speakers in that price. It has a special design with specially created vents to deliver more punch and impact for the bass sounds.
The finish of the Philips Multimedia Speakers 2.0 is described as a piano black high gloss finish. And it does look really classy and glossy.
The damping effect of the speaker is very good due to the use of a material called Mylar, which is usually used only in the cones. Due to using this at the edges of the speaker diaphragm there is much less distortion than other speakers deliver a truer, more natural yet richer sound every time.
Here are the speakers as they appear on Amazon India –
- 3W RMS total output power
- Bass Reflex Speakers deliver deep and powerful bass
- Well damped driver reduces vibration and sound distortion
Last update on March 4, 2018 / Affiliate links / Images from Product Advertising API
Philips Multimedia Speakers 2.0 Detailed Specs
Width ———- 14,5 cm
Height ———- 10,5 cm
Depth ———- 18 cm
Weight ———- 0,95 kg
Frequency range ———- 20Hz-20kHz
Input impedance ———- 10ohm
Output power in total ———- 3W
Power ———- 220V 50Hz
Signal/Noise ratio ———- >75dB
THD ———- <1%
Cable length ———- 1.5 m
Connector ———- 3.5 mm stereo
Driver power range ———- 1-5Wx2
Frequency range ———- 75Hz-20kHz
Norminal impedance ———- 4ohm
Sensitivity ———- 85dB(2.83V/1m)
Speaker driver ———- 2.5″
Here is what the packaging of the speakers looks like –
You will notice on the packaging it says ‘Philips Multimedia Speakers 2.0’ and does not show a model number. However the model number is specified on the Philips website and on Amazon as SPA1260/12.
To buy the Philips Multimedia Speakers 2.0 SPA1260/12 - Click Here!
Now that you know what our recommendation for the best value computer speakers is, we can go on ahead and look at the Top 10 bestselling computer speakers in India in 2018.
In general if you want to make a good choice of computer speakers you will find these tips from an expert on computer speakers very helpful.
Tips from an Expert on how to buy PC Speakers in India
This sound expert who has been reviewing and testing computer speakers and a whole lot of other speakers for decades, has one thing to say. The real test is in hearing the sound from the speakers. Unless someone you trust has assured you that the sound is good, he feels that you should listen to the sound from the speakers yourself before buying them.
He also feels that beside the actual sound quality of the speakers a few other things are very important – Having a good sound card is critical, so is having good options for controlling the tone of the speakers.
Here are all of his tips in more detail.
How to choose the right speakers for your computer – Picking the best speakers for PCs in India
More important than specs is the sound of the PC speakers
We know that everyone is tempted to look at the specifications and make comparisons and take the one that seems to have the top numbers or something like that. That is absolutely the wrong thing to do. The most important thing about a speakers is the sound. So listen to the speakers and gauge the sound and then look for other things like PMPO, RMS, Ohms etc. To be real the specifications actually don’t say anything about the quality of the sound that the speakers deliver, only the technical details.
Don’t get tempted by 5.1 or 6.1 or 7.1 etc. it is the reliable 2.1 computer speakers that are the best to buy
Well, if you are determined to buy a 5.1 speakers system for your computer then it is a different matter, but if you are looking for good robust speakers then 2.1 is good. In fact some experts believe that when it comes to computer speakers then the 2.0 and 2.1 systems deliver the best sound. If you want a really big sound and a theatre like effect then it makes sense to go in for 5.1 or higher speaker system but for all practical purposes, of listening to music and watching videos and movies, a 2.0 or 2.1 is good enough.
If you want good bass sound then a 2.1 speaker system with a subwoofer and a left and right speakers will be the best choice.
The sound card of the computer can be a deal maker or a deal breaker
Let’s look at a possible scenario. You buy really good speakers for your computer and then you play some music on it, and the sound is bad. When you consult with the speaker company they ask you whether you have a good sound card or not and you realise that you are using a below standard sound card that will output bad sound no matter how good the speakers are.
That is the very scenario that we want you to avoid. Always go in for a good sound card and then go in for good speakers.
NOTE 1 – Another common mistake is buying speakers that are not compatible with your computer’s sound card in terms of the number of channels. This means that you need to have a sound card that will support a 7.1 speaker system and only then will the 7.1 speaker system work. If your computer sound card supports only up till 5.1 then the 7.1 speaker system won’t work.
NOTE 2 – Another factor that you should consider is where the tone control of the sound is, on the sound card or on the speakers. The expert advice is to have it on the sound card. This makes controlling the sound output much better and easier.
How powerful the speakers are, does not impact how good the sound of the speakers it
For most people the watts of sound output from the speakers is what is important, whereas that has nothing to do with the quality of sound. The real thing to look for is not the PMPO and the watts but the amplification technology. PC speakers that have a high wattage will deliver louder sound but may end up delivering very bad quality sound. You should read the specs of the speakers and should also keep in mind that in higher volumes and higher bass, most speakers deliver a tearing muffled sound, which completely distorts and messes up the audio output.
Consider what the all you will want to do with the PC speakers, like play through other sources, a Bluetooth device etc.
If you are thinking about connecting your PC speakers to your smartphone sometime or to your tablet, or even play from your iPod, then you need to be sure that the speakers will be compatible. For all you know some day you may want to connect the speakers to your TV. This means that your speakers must have several different types of audio inputs – a 3.5 mm aux input, a RCA slot, USB port etc. Some speakers are also Bluetooth compatible, which can be an important factor to consider for you.
Do you need portable PC speakers
This is purely a choice that you have to make. Do you see yourself moving the speakers around a lot, maybe wherever you take your laptop or moving the PC itself here and there. If that is the case and you will be moving the computer speakers around a lot then you need light and small speakers that can be easily carried around.
Top 10 Best Speakers for PC in India – Best PC speakers in India in 2018
This list of the best speakers for PC in India only has the top bestsellers and feature the best PC speakers in India in 2018. These PC speakers are the most popular and trending models available today. The list of the Top 10 Best PC speakers in India in 2018 is updated every day so that you only get the latest and the best PC speakers.
Of course when you choose from www.top10in.in, you get the best of value for money and quality.
Go ahead, choose what the PC speakers that the world trusts.
- Ultra-Portable and elegant design. Compatible with PC, Laptop and Tablet.
- Good quality stereo speaker with USB power,Recommended for small room spaces to experience better sound quality
- Deliver clear and detailed sound with volume controller
- Frequency Response: 90Hz - 20kHz, Output RMS Power: 4W RMS max.
- Impedance: 4 Ohms, Power: USB
- 6W RMS speakers for high quality sound
- Volume control
- 4 ohm speakers
- Input Sensitivity: 400mV
- Frequency Response: 1.5kHz to 20KHz
- The speakers are designed to complement any dell computer giving you a unified aesthetic at your home or office
- The Dell AX210 stereo speakers are powered through any usb port meaning you won't have to keep your speakers near a wall outlet again
- Sit at the centre of quality sound no matter what you're doing
- High performance speakers for an outstanding stereo performance
- Volume control
- Power LED indicator
- Built-in bass port for enhanced bass
- Magnetically shielded speakers
- Metallic front grill
- Ultra-Portable and elegant design
- High quality Stereo speaker with USB Power
- Delivers clear and detailed sound
- With Volume Controller
- Frequency response of 50 to 20,000hz
- The sub-woofer power 4w rms
- Output of each speaker is 2.5w
- Quality audio in a compact size
- Wired remote control
- The F&D E200 Soundbar has a 2.0 channel output which offers you one of the best sound qualities in its range. You can connect this speaker to a wide range of devices and enjoy hours of high definition music.
- With 3W output power, this gadget comes with an efficient design for all moods and users. If not for USB, the 5V external adaptor ensures the music keeps playing while the side volume control remains at your beck and call.
- The ergonomic design and the dimensions of 410x71x67mm make this Sound bar easy to throw in a bag for a presentation or a small party for that matter. It's overall weight is under a kilo!
- Better sound is often about better design. The E200's integrated 2.0 speaker with front passive radiator design gives springy bass.
- The A50 is powered by USB and delivers quality sounding audio for your notebook or desktop PC via its 3.5mm stereo jack that ensures audio connectivity across a wide range of devices.
- A USB port is all it takes to power up the A50. Simply plug it to your computer - no power adapter needed!
- Designed with a built-in bass port, the A50 gives you extended bass for your music while taking up minimal space on your desk.
- The 3.5mm stereo jack gives you audio connectivity to a wide array of audio devices.
- The ON/OFF button and volume control are conveniently located on the right satellite for easy access.
- 2.5-inch full range drivers for satellites and 4-inch bass driver for subwoofer
- Links and conveniences
- In case of any issue please contact Toll Free no 18004255546 and register you complain.
Last update on July 26, 2018 / Affiliate links / Images from Product Advertising API