Top 10 Best UPS for computers in India 2018
Updated on October 17, 2018
The Top 10 Best UPS for your Computer is a great place to start your search for a UPS for your desktop computer. A UPS is very important in India. A power cut can happen any time when you are using a computer. And having your desktop go off suddenly means loss of unsaved files, your work rhythm gets lost and it also harms the computer.
Thus you need to have a good compatible UPS for your computer. There are no hard and fast rules for choosing a good UPS for your computer but still here are some basic tips.
A simple thing that you can do is match the power supply of the UPS with your computer so that there is no mismatch in terms of how long the UPS will keep your computer system running, though most UPS models will work with most computers in an effective manner. As an example, if you plan to run a large screen display then your UPS may need more power back up to keep your system running for the time you want it to.
Try to go in for a reliable and well known brand which will ensure a better UPS quality and warranty etc. Some well known brands are Luminous, iBall and Intex.
Also try to keep in mind everything that you will connect to the UPS, it may also include a modem, router and computer speakers.
Great choice for a UPS for your desktop PC at home
The Top 10 Best UPS for Computers in India in 2018 list features only top bestselling UPS for computers, and will mean good quality at a god price. Also the list is updated every single day, meaning you only get the UPS models that are the latest and currently popular.
These are a great choice as a UPS for your desktop, whether it is a UPS for your home or for your work site.
Finally, when you choose from www.top10in.in, you are sure to get great value for money and of course a UPS for Computers that the world trusts.
- Contemporary design
- Compact size
- High speed charging
- Easy to read display
- BIS Certified
- Application: One computer with 43 cm TFT monitor& one printer (except laser printer)
- Product Warranty: 24 Months
- Off-mode battery charging with high voltage protection
- Backup time : 10 -15 minutes at battery full charge condition
- Capacity: 600VA/300W
- Nominal Input Voltage 230V
- Input voltage range for main operations 145 - 290V
- Nominal Output Voltage 230V
- Output power capacity 660Watts / 1.1 kVA
- Efficiency at Full Load 72.0 %
- Brand: Luminous.Recharge Time: 8h
- Color: Black.Deep discharge protection
- Type: UPS.Net Weight: 7kg
- Voltage Consumption in Inverter Mode: 220V AC.LED indication for Inverter on, mains on, low battery and on mains normal
- Battery: 12V, 7Ah.Dimensions: 95 x 146 x 313 mm
- Neatly encloses all types of AC Adapters, Chargers, USB Hubs, Excess wires & cables, Spike busters & power strips of max 4 sockets.
- All types of wires allowing easy access to them whenever you need
- Dimensions 330x115x125 LWH (mm)
- Spike buster/Power Strip not included
- Available in three colors
- Capacity 1000VA/500W
- Battery Type & Number 12V / 7AH x 2
- Typical Recharge Time 8 hours up to 90% capacity
- Voltage Range 140-300VAC
- Backup Time (One PC Load) 50 min.
- Features - 33 percent faster recharging
- Generator compatible
- Automatic voltage regulator for boost and buck
- Auto restart while AC recovery
- Green power function for energy saving
- 230V AC input voltage
- Typics 4-8 ms transfer time
- Modified sine wave waveform
- 6 hours to 90 percent after complete discharge recharge time
- Capacity: 600VA; Input Voltage: 230VAC; Input Voltage Range: 140-300VAC; Output Voltage Regulation (Batt. mode): +/- 10 percent
- Colour: Silver
- Weighs 699 grams
- Low noise and ripple
- Sleeved wires
- 80 millimetres cooling fan
- Compact Size
- Excellent microprocessor control gaurantees high reliability
- Boost and buck AVR for voltage stabilization
- Auto restart while AC is recovering
- No load auto shutdown
Last update on August 10, 2018 / Affiliate links / Images from Product Advertising API
A quick guide on how to choose a good UPS for your PC
Sudden loss of power or voltage up-down can cause serious damage to your computer. And a UPS or Uninterrupted Power Supply is the best solution to prevent this damage. A UPS essentially lets your PC run on emergency power stored inside a battery, whenever there is an interruption in continuous power supply.
Although there are many brands in the market which claim their UPS is the best of them all, you have to look beyond the claims, and need to consider certain points before finally choosing one.
The brand of the UPS matters – proven brands are the best choice
A UPS is not a mobile phone that you can change every 6 months. It is, in fact, an investment that is done to protect your computer against dangers arising out of sudden power loss or voltage instability. Thus, always go for a UPS from a reputed and well established brand.
Fix a budget but be flexible
When it comes to UPS, the price should always be a secondary factor. After all, it’s not just the UPS that would require repair services if it goes bad but also your computer that can potentially be severely damaged if the UPS fails and there is major power surge. Thus, until and unless the UPS that you are buying has each and every feature needed to protect your computer, don’t think about a cheaper deal.
Look at the VA (Volt-Ampere) rating
The VA rating is the most important thing to be considered while choosing a UPS. The VA of a UPS actually denotes whether or not it will be able to supply the power required to run your computer in emergency situations like a power failure. Before checking the VA rating of a UPS, check the wattage of your computer and basis that decide the VA rating of your UPS.
What is the time of back-up power supply
The power supply capacity of a UPS varies from 15 minutes to 1 hour. Frankly, it totally depends on your requirements, and you should decide according to your particular needs from the UPS. If you need a UPS for your office then obviously you would need one that can provide backup power for at least an hour, whereas if you want a UPS for just to be able to switch off your computer safely, then 15 minutes is all you need.
Look for good Warranty and Guarantee
A UPS is a very important part of your computer and thus we always need to spend the right amount of money that is needed to buy the best one. But, always go through the warranty and guarantee policy of your UPS since it requires a considerable amount of money to repair it.
Other features you can look into
The other factors that are needed to be considered before buying a UPS include the number of outlets, cable filters, displays, noise, fans, user-replaceable batteries, etc.
Best UPS under 2000 – how to choose a UPS for your PC at home
For a typical home computer a UPS of 600 VA capacity work out fine, but if you have a bigger screen, more components like printers, scanners etc. then you may want to go in for a higher capacity UPS.
Consider the number of plug points behind the UPS
Usually the number of plug points behind the UPS are three. One for the CPU, one for the monitor and one for an additional device like a printer or anything else. If three are sufficient for you then most UPS models are fine, but if you want more then you need to look carefully at the specs before choosing your UPS.
Typically a 10 to 20 minutes back-up time is sufficient
The main purpose of a UPS is Uninterrupted Power Supply, so that you do not lose any data or work if there is a sudden power cut, or the electricity goes off for some other reason. If the power does go off, then no matter what kind of work you are doing 1020 minutes is more than enough to save your work and switch off the computer. If your need is for a higher back up period then you need to choose high back-up time UPS models.
Here are some of the best UPS for computers under 2000
Intex Protector 725 UPS
One of the top bestselling UPS models, it is a great option for a reliable and robust UPS for your PC.
- It has a compact size and stylish looks
- It has a high level of reliability thanks to its top grade microprocessor control
- Excellent voltage stabilization through boost and buck AVR
- It also offers the option of auto restart while AC is recovering
- It also has auto shutdown feature when there is no load
- This is a simulated sine wave
- It also offers a useful cold start function
- Another feature is its off-mode charging capability
See the Top 10 list above for more details.
Another bestseller from a well known brand. An excellent choice for your home PC, that will serve you well for years to come.
- Offers a back up of more than 3 hours for micro power consumption
- It is India's first micro load UPS device
- This UPS has a modified sine wave waveform
- Has a 3 tier battery management system that is highly advanced
- Made for extreme Indian conditions and will work effectively in very severe electricity and power conditions
- Has a 2 year warranty, with the first year on site
- Its excellent microprocessor control delivers a high degree of realiability
- Its capacity is 600VA with Input Voltage: 230VAC and Input Voltage Range: 140-300VAC
See the Top 10 list above for more details.
iBall Nirantar 621V
iBall is a houshold name when it comes to computer accessories and components. Their iBall series of UPS are reliable and trusted by thousands. This is a good choice for a reasonably priced UPS that delivers great value and performance.
- Offers a wide input voltage range
- It is generator compatible
- Offers automatic voltage regulator for boost and buck
- It delivers 33% faster recharging
- It also offers advanced backup
- High reliability is a big plus point
See the Top 10 list above for more details.
Want to see more Computer UPS options? Hit search…
Top 10 Best UPS for computers in India 2018 – The smartest and quickest way to find the best products. Daily updated Top 10 lists. Look, Choose, Buy Smart!