Best Slow Cookers in India
Slow cookers are also known as crock pots. They operate with the same principal as a pot on a flame. The flame heats the pot from below and as the heat rises on the sides the food gets cooked.
In slow cookers also the heat rises from the side and heats up the crock from the bottom cooking the food inside. Slow cookers are similar to rice cookers, but offer more options. You can do more kinds of cooking in slow cookers than in rice cookers.
Another difference is that many slow cooker also work on gas, along with the electric option. Slow cookers are great to cook stews, broths, soups, rice and other dishes that need slow cooking to bring out the juices and fill it with flavours.
If you are planning on buying a slow cooker, we suggest that you look at the top 10 best slow cookers in India int eh list below. They are all top bestsellers and the list is updated every day to bring you the latest models and the best brands. Slow cookers are all about healthy cooking and healthy nutritious food, so make a choice from the list below and give your family some delicious and healthy dishes every day.
Become your family’s favourite Home Chef with a Slow Cooker
Who doesn’t want to become a loved and adored home chef. Whether it is your entire family loving your delicious cooking or even your friends and relatives. And of course in this age of internet celebrities, who knows some amount of success can lead to much greater things.
with a slow cooker in your kitchen you set yourself up to make some great dishes. Recipes and taste that other methods of cooking will not produce. If you really want to up your cooking prowess and also up the taste quotient in your home, its time to go in for a slow cooker.
Here is an awesome recipe you can try with a slow cooker.
Thai Chicken Curry – an incredibly tasty dish to make in your slow cooker
This all-time family favourite is extremely manageable in a slow cooker. It is a crock pot recipe all the way and it comes out finger licking delicious.
First let’s get the ingredients together.
You will need about 800-900 grams of chicken thighs boneless (cut into sizes that are preferred), about 350 ml of coconut milk, some Thai green curry paste (say about 3 table spoons), some finely chopped cauliflower, bell peppers, tomatoes, and two finely chopped lemongrass stalks, pieces of thinly sliced ginger from a thumb sized piece, 3 cloves garlic minced, 3 teaspoons ginger ground, 2 teaspoons ground coriander, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp fish sauce.
Here’s how you cook it, and its really simple and hassle free.
Take the Thai Green Curry paste in a non stick frying pan, and fry it over low heat until its fragrance floats in the air. Then pour in the coconut milk and stir. Keep mixing it till it is smooth and then take the frying pan off the heat.
Now bring in the slow cooker, yeah… put the bite sized chicken pieces in the slow cooker along with the vegetables, lemongrass stalks, ginger, lime, brown sugar and the fish sauce.
Now all you need to do is pour the previously heated and mixed coconut milk and fried Thai green sauce into the cock pot. Stir everything for a while till it looks properly mixed, and then let it slow cook for 7-8 hours.
That’s it, now you can serve your Thai Chicken Curry with basmati rice and some coriander leaves or Thai Basil scattered on it.
India’s best slow cookers and crock pots
1. Crockpot SCR151-WG Manual Slow Cooker
- Small round-shaped slow cooker for making party dips and more
- 1-1/2-quart removable stoneware pot with Rinse-Clean coating
- Tempered glass lid; integrated side handles; stay-cool lid knob
- Dishwasher-safe lid and pot; recipe book with 25 recipes included
- Measures approximately 9-1/5 by 9-1/2 by 7-4/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
2. Aroma Professional Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker
- Aroma is the #1 rice cooker brand in the US.
- Capacity: Yields up to 20 cups of COOKED rice (approx. 20 servings).
- Easy-to-use functions: White/Brown Rice, Quick Rice, Smart Steam, High/Low Slow Cook, Keep Warm and a
- Programmable 15-Hour Delay Timer.
- Quick tip: Smart Steam allows for steam time to be set for automatic shut-off.
- Includes Steam Tray, Rice Measuring Cup, Serving Spatula, Soup Ladle and Recipe Booklet.
3. Sabichi Haden 3.5 Ltr Stainless Steel Slow Cooker
- 3.5ltr Capacity, 21 x 26.5 x 34.5cm
- Ceramic Pot, Power Light Indicator, Glass Lid For Easy Viewing
- 3 Settings, Warm, Low & High
- Brushed Stainless Steel Finish
4. Proctor-Silex 33042 4-Quart Slow Cooker
- Removable stoneware for easy cleaning
- 4 quart capacity
- Dishwasher safe stoneware
- Keep warm setting
- Dishwasher safe glass lid
5. Hamilton Beach 33480 Countdown Slow Cooker
- 8 quart capacity
- Program cooking time for 30 minutes to 18 hours
- High, low & Warm settings
- Countdown timer shows you how much cooking time remains
- Automatically switches to Warm after cooking
6. NutriChef Sous Vide Slow Cooker
- 11 in 1 Steamer Stainless Steel High-Pressure Multi Cooker Crock Pot
- Digital LCD Display
- 11 Preset Cooking Modes Sous Vide Cooking Mode
- 6.5 Quart
7. Russell Hobbs Chalkboard Slow Cooker
- The Russell Hobbs 24810 Chalkboard Slow Cooker helps you create nourishing meals, with the least time, energy and effort
- Prepare ingredients earlier in the day, set the timer
- Chalkboard Slow Cooker
- Colour: Black
- Capacity: 3.5 L