Cocoa is the most important ingredient of every chocolate flavoured sweet dish
Updated on June 17, 2019
Choosing the right cocoa powder to go with your preparation can make all the difference. While you may have very specific preferences, it is always a good idea to have a look at the most popular cocoa powders in India.
Here is a great recipe for a Cocoa Milk shake. Have a look:
To make a cocoa preparation like the one in the video and many others, you need to pick a good cocoa powder from the best 10 list.
This list of the Top 10 Best Cocoa Powders in India is updated every day so that you get the freshest and best products to choose from.
Even by itself cocoa powder can be used to make a delicious cup of hot cocoa. It is a versatile ingredient that can be sprinkled over any sweet dish to make it look better and also tastier.
Have a look, we are sure you will find familiar brand names and the cocoa powder that you need.
Best Cocoa Powder in India - Top 10 Bestsellers
- It offers you a tasty, healthy drinks that rejoices your mood.
- Grab the Cocoa powder that comes in a beautifully equipped jar ensuring its freshness and longevity.
- Enjoy as a hot chocolate drink or get creative using it for chocolate recipes.
- 100 percent Cocoa - Natural Unsweetened
- The natural antioxidants found in tea and certain fruits can also be found in Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
- Is ideal for hot cocoa, frostings, cakes, brownies and other rich chocolate desserts
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Low fat pure cocoa powder
- Makes delicious and flavourful chocolate sauces, cakes and other chocolate desserts
- Weikfield cocoa powder is available in attractive reusable poly jars and tins which are very user-friendly packs
- NatureVit Natural Cocoa Powder is a must-have in every pantry - you never know when you'll be craving for something exotic!
- Make delicious cookies, cakes, chocolates or even granola bars with this!
- Made from Indian Cacao Beans, processed in a state-of-art facility.
- 100% Pure Cocoa - Natural Unsweetened
- Come's in Stand-Up Zipper Pouch. NatureVit - #BringingWorldCloseToNature
- Made from Indian cacao beans, processed in a state-of-art facility product comes in a reusable Ziploc poly-bag
- Make delicious cookies, cakes, chocolates or even granola bars with this
- Have you tried Mexican savoury stews with cocoa trust us, they're wonderful
- DILKHUSH - simply good food
- It offers you a tasty, healthy drinks that rejoices your mood
- Grab the Cocoa powder that comes in a beautifully equipped jar ensuring its freshness and longevity
- Enjoy as a hot chocolate drink or get creative using it for chocolate recipes
- Urban Platter Special Dark Cocoa Powder, 850g [All Natural, Unsweetened, Vegan & Gluten-Free]
- Lighter in colour than normal Cocoa Powder, but deep and intense in flavour. Highly recommended for health-conscious consumers.
- Naturally rich in anti-oxidants and contains more anti-oxidants than normal Cocoa. Ideal for baking into dishes and making chocolate-flavoured goodies.
- Make delicious cookies, cakes, chocolates or even granola bars with this!
- Urban Platter - Simply Good Food! 🙂
- Premium body scrub that gives gentle skin exfoliation benefits plus glow enhancement.
- Enriched with pure Gold Mica Powder, Cocoa Butter, and Walnut Shell Powder.
- Gently removes toxins, pollutants, dirt, excess oil and dead cells to leave your skin clean, smooth and gorgeously radiant.
- Totally free of parabens and mineral oils, suitable for all skin types.
- Maybelline New York introduces colour sensational inti-matte lipsticks, creamiest matte nude lip colour
- Inti-matte nude lipstick features warm, golden pigments that enrich your natural lip colour
- Maybelline's creamiest matte nude lipsticks
- Warmer, more sensational nudes for every skin tone
- Pucker up to radiant, confident colour that highlights one's natural beauty
- 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pure and Raw from Africa - Ghana
- Can be used for Confectionery and cosmetics
Last update on March 14, 2019 / Affiliate links / Images from Product Advertising API
Want to see even more? Hit search…
Health benefits of cocoa powder - is it as healthy as dark chocolate?
Let’s find out how healthy cocoa powder actually, is in comparison to dark chocolate.
There is a lot of information and Research published on the benefits of dark chocolate for our health, but what about cocoa powder. Well cocoa powder has almost the same health benefits as dark chocolate.
It is the unsweetened non-alkaline form of cocoa powder that has the maximum health benefits and is especially good for our hearts. This cocoa powder is easily available in supermarkets and also in health and wellness shops.
In this article you will discover the science behind the health benefits of cocoa powder. It is much better to use unsweetened cocoa powder because that prevents sugar and glucose spikes in your blood if you want to sweeten whatever you are eating then you can use stevia or add some almond milk. You can even think about making a drink by adding cinnamon, cloves or hot chili powder, to make it a delicious but different kind of cocoa drink.
According to a study carried out in 2012 by researchers from the University of East Anglia Coco surprisingly show a positive effect on insulin values in humans. The health benefits of the polyphenols which we find in cocoa are also gaining more attention in the media. Several studies have also showed the good impact that cocoa can have on the health of our heart, skin, and even our brain.
Cocoa is also good for our blood pressure
Scientists have determined that the consumption of cocoa and the ingredients it contains has a remarkably positive effect on our blood pressure and blood circulation. This is evident from the analysis of 42 different studies. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published results showing that regular cocoa consumption resulted in 1% improvement in blood flow and in fact the effect immediately after consumption was as much as 3.4% improvement in the blood flow. The improvement is also an indication of the health of the blood vessels. Further analysis showed that the consumption of cocoa helps to reduce the diastolic blood pressure, with an average of 1.60 mmHg and the average blood pressure in the veins by about 1.64 mmHg. In fact it was noted, that larger quantities would have greater positive effects on the systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
Cocoa powder and antioxidants
Cocoa powder is also very high in antioxidants. There is a group of substances called polyphenols and more specifically phytonutrients called flavonoids, that are very good antioxidants. Cocoa contains more of these than any other food. Two of these in particular known as Catechin and Epicatechin are present in high quantities, and research has shown that they have a positive impact on our health. In fact these flavonoids work almost as effectively as medicines.
Copper and magnesium in cocoa
Many people have a shortage of vital minerals, copper and magnesium, and both are found in cocoa. Cocoa contains 0.8mg of copper per 100 g and is a good source of this mineral. Our body needs for many functions including the oxygen supply to the red blood cells and to assist in cellular energy production.
Cocoa has the highest levels of magnesium in all known foods, about 131 mg per 100 g of cocoa. This mineral is necessary for the good functioning of more than 300 enzymes in our body and also plays a role in our cardiovascular health.
Last but not the least - positive psychological effects of cocoa
Cocoa is known to make people feel happy and euphoric. The fact is that there are many different chemicals in cocoa that can cause euphoria, among them are phenyethlamine (PEA), serotonin, tyramine and anandamide. PEA is related to our body’s own happiness chemical - endorphins.
In addition, it also stimulates the production of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that plays a big role in how energetic and motivated we feel. Another substance that we find in cocoa which affects our frame of mind in a positive way is anandamide. It binds to the same receptor in the brain as THC, the active ingredient of marijuana. No wonder that cocoa has a reputation of being an antidepressant, aphrodisiac and a sedative.
Cocoa has as you can see many positive health effects. Although some effects have not been proven with sufficient research or findings, but they do demand more investigations. There is no doubt whatsoever to the benefits of a spoonful of unsweetened cocoa powder in a drink or at least it is equivalent to the benefits of eating a piece of dark chocolate.