This isn't just a page for mild shampoos, it has information and best choices for every kind of shampoo you may need - anti-dandruff mild shampoos, dry hair shampoos, damaged hair, anti-hair loss, natural, baby and dry frizzy hair too.
Go through the contents to find what you need.
We all look for a mild shampoo for the same reason, to find a shampoo that has no harmful chemicals, that will not damage our hair even on daily use and that has a naturally beneficial effect on our hair.
The mildest of all the shampoos are the baby shampoos. I am sure Johnson's baby shampoo comes to mind. These shampoos are made from the absolute mildest components that are absolutely harmless to skin, hair and babies.
A mild shampoo also has to sit our particular skin and hair types. Some people are just more sensitive than others and many components of shampoos that are harmless to others can cause a negative reaction for them. Choosing a mild shampoo involves some trial and error. You will find several mild shampoos, and only after trying a few will you find one that does perfect cleansing, is absolutely harmless to you and is made of natural and beneficial and healing components.
The best mild shampoos are those that contain natural and gentle ingredients. If a mild shampoo is based on natural oils or honey or Ayurvedic natural ingredients it will be gentler on your hair or your child’s hair. For years certain chemicals called parabens and sulphates have been used in shampoos to create the lather and prevent the build-up of bacteria. Now people are becoming aware of the fact that parabens and sulphates can be harmful.
Sulphates remove any build up in the hair, which includes natural oil, and can leave hair dry and damaged. Sulphates can even cause hair fall in extreme cases. You just need to check the ingredients of the shampoo and you will see Sulphate right near the top if it’s there. The most common are sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), sodium laureth sulfate (SLES).
Shampoos also contain a chemical called parabens. Parabens are said to be harmful in many ways, and have been found in breast tumors. Look for parabens in your shampoo’s ingredients. They generally appear as – butylparaben, methylparaben, and propylparaben, but they also appear as alkyl parahydroxy benzoates. Other things that are found in shampoos that can harm you are alcohol and formaldehyde.
You should try and find a shampoo that has fruit or vegetable-based hair cleaning ingredients, and is sulphate-free. Aloe based shampoos and those made from other natural and gentle ingredients make the best mild shampoos. Of course the baby shampoos are specially formulated to be mild.
Mild Shampoo spotlight - Wow Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Choose a single shampoo or a cost saving 4 product combination pack
Wow Apple Cider is one of India's most popular
The Wow Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo is one of the most popular shampoos in India today. The reason is because it is delivering great results for a lot of people. We decided to do a deep dive into the shampoo. Here is what we found out.
The Wow Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo does not contain any of the chemicals that are considered harmful for our hair and scalp. There are some complex sounding chemical components but they are all certified harmless for hair and scalp.
Absolutely no harmful chemicals
We not only used the product, we also went through reviews on several retail sites. The shampoo is definitely mild and free of all the harmful chemicals that regular shampoos have like parabens, SLS or SLES. This shampoo is great for making your hair soft and silky, and has a great fragrance.
No shampoo is perfect
A shampoo cannot be perfect for everyone, there will be people for whom this shampoo may not be suitable, but for the majority of people this has proved to be a very good shampoo that has helped in hair health and of course giving hair shine and softness.
Though the shampoo claims to reduce dandruff, that is not a very strong property of the shampoo. It is more effective as a regular use shampoo that keeps your hair tangle and frizz free, smooth and soft. Some people have seen reduction in hair fall and dandruff, but don’t expect it.
Made from organic apple extracts
The key component apple cider vinegar is a known beneficial and natural ingredient that is good for many things including hair health. People consume apple cider vinegar for a healthy gut and better stomach health. As a natural agent for hair health and growth, it is quite good.
Some of the users, including the people who tested it from our team have found that using a conditioner along with it helps. The shampoo makes hair soft and manageable even if your hair is slightly frizzy. Many of the users of the shampoo have stuck with it for long periods and have found it to be good for their hair.
The apple cider vinegar in this shampoo helps maintains the right ph value of between 4.5 and 5.5 for your hair and scalp.
In fact this shampoo is made from the extract of apples from the Himalayas, and works as a natural detox formula for your hair. It also removes buildups while improving hair health. It is also Ecocert Certified Bioactive haircare product, so completely safe for you, and to add to that it is certified vegan.
The Wow 4 pack combo deal is better
Though most people buying this shampoo alone, a better deal is to go in for the Wow Apple Cider Vinegar hair care 4 pack combo, which has 4 different products that all go well together. This combo includes the Wow Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo, Wow 10 in 1 Miracle Hair Oil, Wow Hair Conditioner and the Wow 10 in 1 Miracle Hair Revitalizer.
Individually these products would cost you around Rs. 1742, but when you buy the Wow 4 pack combo you get it for 1499.
If you had a close look at the components of the shampoo, you may come cross some chemical sounding names, but they are all certified harmless chemicals that can be checked in the Skindeep Online database. You can check for Capryl Glucoside there, which is one of the components of the Wow Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo. This chemical shows as non-hazardous and its raw materials actually come from vegetables and coconut.
Wow Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo is a good mild shampoo that is definitely worth a try. This shampoo has been in the Top 10 best mild shampoos list for many months now, and we feel it will remain there for a long time.
Is Dove a mild shampoo?
A common question that pops up when you are looking for a good mild shampoo is whether Dove is a mild shampoo or not.
Well the quick answer is no, but that will not be a complete answer. Most shampoos in the market today are harsh shampoos, but Dove is not a harsh shampoo, however to qualify to be a mild shampoo, there are some chemicals that the shampoo cannot contain, and Dove has some of these components. That is why we cannot call Dove a mild shampoo. However, amongst the regular lot of shampoos, it is one of the least harsh and most nurturing.
Why exactly is Dove not a mild shampoo, is a question that can be answered by looking at the chemical composition of Dove shampoo.
If you read the ingredients label behind a Dove shampoo bottle (see image below) you will see that it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate or SLS. This is a chemical that a mild shampoo cannot contain. SLS and SLES are chemicals that are harmful for scalp and hair, according to many scientific studies, and any shampoo containing them will not qualify as a mild shampoo. That is why technically Dove is not a mild shampoo.
However, if you are choosing between a bunch of regular shampoos, then Dove will be milder than the others.
Best Mild Shampoos to buy today
Remember that you only need to use a shampoo every other day to keep it in good health. If you shampoo every day, even with a mild shampoo, it can strip away all the natural oils of your scalp and hair. That will leave your hair dry and also make it brittle.
Try to choose a shampoo with a PH value of around 5.5 as that is the PH value of our scalp in its natural state. If the shampoo is lathering a lot then it might mean that it has the harmful SLS chemical that has been mentioned before. Going in for a vegan shampoo that has no animal products is also a good idea.
Of course when you choose from the list of the Top 10 Best Mild Shampoos in India, then you only get the best sellers and that too at the most affordable price points.
This list also features only the latest mild shampoos because it is updated every day. Of course you can be sure that when you choose from Top 10 in India, then you will get the right balance of reliability, quality and affordability.
1. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo-Infused Natural Apple Cider Vinegar-300mL
- WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo has the best benefits of apple cider vinegar to offer.
- The benefits of apple cider vinegar on skin and hair have been used for hundreds of years and are perhaps the best kept secrets of the beauty world.
- The shampoo contains concentrated all Natural Apple Cider Vinegar; with absolutely no chemicals,SLS , sulphates and parabens.The anti bacterial and anti fungal properties of apple cider vinegar help in keeping dandruff under control, and in providing relief to an itchy and dry scalp.
- It also encourages the hair to retain moisture, thereby reducing split ends.
- Apple cide vinegar also strengthens the roots of the hair by balancing the pH of hair and scalp and stimulating better circulation to the hair follicles.
2. Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo
- The Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo is gentle enough for everyday use.
- It is made of naturally derived hair-protein and foaming agents that smoothens the hair while cleaning it effectively.
- Since the shampoo is free of chemicals that cause scalp build-up, it facilitates normal oil secretion.
- The shampoo is made of extracts of Chickpea, Amla, Black Myrobalan, Eclipta, Licorice, Henna and Beach Almond
- Amla strengthens the roots of the hair, reducing hair fall while chickpeas provide nourishment.
- Cleansing, nourishment and making hair manageable - all vital benefits are obtained from the Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo.
3. Indulekha Bringha Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
- Indulekha Bringha Anti Hair Fall Shampoo has all the goodness of 9 bringha plants that help prevent hair fall.
- This ayurvedic proprietary medicine contains no added colors or fragrance and can be used safely on artificially colored or permed hair.
- Not only does it restore the natural goodness of hair, this shampoo also improves hair health and helps grow new hair.
- Other highly effective ingredients include Amla, Tulsi, Neem, Madhyantika, Shikakai and Rosemary
4. Aloe Veda Mild Nourishing Shampoo
- The Aloe Veda Mild Nourishing Shampoo from the brand Aloe Veda is inspired by Ayurveda and Aloe Vera
- The shampoo contains Panthenol, biotin and aloe vera leaf extracts, making it ideal for mild daily use and is suited to all skin types
- It is free from all opparabens and has not been tested on animals.
- The aloe vera keeps your scalp smooth an d moisterized and the biotin keeos the hair roots healthy.
- Biotin penetrates the hair shaft and actually thickens the cuticle, giving it a fuller appearance.
5. Kaya Skin Clinic Hair Nourishing Shampoo
- The Kaya Skin Clinic Hair Nourishing Shampoo has formula researched and developed by a team of dermatalogists.
- It contains almond oil that strengthens the hair from within and hibiscus extracts that add softness and sheen to the hair.
- The shampoo is lightly fragranced and is mild enough for daily use.
- It reduces hair breakage and effectively removes oil and grime, giving you soft and shiny hair after every wash.
6. Himalaya Baby Shampoo
- The Himalaya Baby Shampoo is enriched with the power of herbs.
- It contains chickpeas that prevents dandruff and strengthens the baby's delicate hair
- It contains paddy that nourishes and softens hair
- Hibiscus acts as a natural conditioner and also softens the hair.
- Khus grass keeps the scalp cool and dry
- The shampoo has a gentle no tears formula that does not irritate the eyes and the protein rich formula keeps hair strong and healthy
- The shampoo is free from all parabens, SLS/SLES & synthetic colors
7. Mee Mee Mild Baby Shampoo with Fruit Extracts
- The Mee Mee Mild Baby Shampoo with Fruit Extracts is suitable for little ones from birth
- As with all Mee Mee products, this shampoo has been made to the highest safety standards
- The mild, no tears formula contains natural extracts
- It leaves he hair clean and shiny and the conditioner cleanses the scalp
8. TRESemme Spa Rejuvenation Shampoo
- The TRESemme Spa Rejuvenation Shampoo is enriched with hydrating marine minerals complex and essential nutrients that makes the hair thick and shiny
- The high quality ingredients and the fresh scented professional grade formula give your hair the benefit of a spa at home.
- The complex nutrients provide deep nourishment to the scalp.
- Apply to wet hair, gently massage and work into a lather and wash to get the full benefit of the shampoo.
9. WOW Miracle 10 in 1 Shampoo
- The WOW Miracle 10 in 1 Shampoo is dermatologically tested to keep your hair soft and supple.
- Infused with organic rosemary and tea tree oil, the shampoo gently exfoliates the scalp to maintain healthy hair growth
- The shampoo is 100 percent vegan, is free of parabens and sulphates, and is cruelty free
- Gently cleanses the hair and exfoliates the scalp to maintain the ideal environment for healthy hair growth and sulphate free
- The shampoo is infused with natural ingredients to bind split end and protect colored hair.
- The shampoo nourishes the hair and makes it less prone to breakage and damage, while instantly detangling it as well.
- The provitamins help in retaining lost moisture and give the hair a fresh and manageable look.
- The shampoo provides advanced strengthening and repair to distressed hair
10. Organic Harvest Daily Shampoo
- The Organic Harvest Daily Shampoo is extra mild on the hair and contains organic ingredients to help repair hair damage.
- The daily formula shampoo keeps the scalp clear and hair feeling fresh and alive.
- The shampoo adds body to the hair without stripping it of essential oils or causing build up and static electricity
- the shampoo is BSE free and enriched with Sodium PCA to enhance the appearance and feel of hair, while increasing the hair body, suppleness and sheen.
How to choose a mild shampoo
Whenever you seek some advise on hair care, you often get to hear that you should choose a mild shampoo. Though you will hear about many people who use mild shampoos, the surprising thing is that very few actually know and use a mild shampoo. Many believe that Dove is a mild shampoo, whereas it is not technically a mild shampoo.
An important prerequisite of a mild shampoo is that it should not contain SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulphates), and Dove has it. There are more reasons why Dove cannot qualify as a mild shampoo but we won’t go into that right now. A better thing will be to figure out what components should not be there in mild shampoos on the whole.
It is not a mild shampoo if it contains…
A mild shampoo cannot contain SLS, which is Sodium Laureth Sulphates or SLES, which is Sodium Lauryl Sulphates
It should not have any Parabens in it.
It should not have any paraffin in it.
A mild shampoo should not have any Sulphonates in it.
Mild shampoos should not have silicones in them either.
A mild shampoo must not have sodium C12-14 or sodium C14-16.
A mild shampoo shouldn’t have artificial fragrance or colours in it either.
That is a very long list of things that a mild shampoo should not have, and you will surprised to note that even some Ayurvedic shampoos have these chemicals in them. That brings us to what a mild shampoo should have to technically qualify as a mild shampoo…
Mild Shampoos have multiple hair conditioning agents
A mild shampoo needs to have ample amounts of hair-conditioning agents. These hair-conditioning agents are Gaur Gum, Glucocide, Quaternium, Polyquaternium etc.
A good idea is to go in for a natural or organic shampoo and of course try one of the baby shampoos, when selecting a mild shampoo for yourself. You can start by looking at the shampoos in the Top 10 Best Mild Shampoos in India listed above.
Shampoo brands offering mild shampoos
Some shampoo brands that have mild shampoos in their range are Forest Essentials, Soultree, Aloe Vera, Kama Ayurveda and others. A great baby shampoo is the Johnson’s Baby Shampoo, that is definitely a mild shampoo.
Mild Shampoo for dandruff and hairfall
Your hair is your most prized ornament, and you need to take good care of it. However hair care is not the same for everyone. The reason is that everyone’s hair is not the same. Some people have rich thick straight hair, others have curly hair and still others have thin limp hair etc.
No matter what your hair type, there is always a way to make it look shiny, thick and beautiful. The important thing is to identify your hair type correctly and then choose the right hair treatment to make it healthier and better looking.
A very common problem in winters as also in summers for people in India is dandruff and hair fall. We cannot all of us wash and take care of our hair every day. In this fast paced world there just isn’t enough time to wash and groom your hair every single day and take continuous care of it. Your hair length and texture is also a factor when it comes to taking care of your hair. It becomes especially difficult when your hair is not very easy to manage, when it is unruly, wild, curly or rough.
It has even been known for some people that their hair looks and feels better when they do not wash it for a few days. Of course only regular washing will keep your hair looking good and healthy. Not washing frequently will make your hair dirty, ugly and worst of all damaged and unhealthy. The problem is not just with the hair but also with your scalp.
Shampoo is the Solution to dandruff and hairfall
The best solution to dandruff and hairfall is regular shampooing with a good mild shampoo. If you cannot shampoo your hair every day, you should at least try and shampoo it every other day. Be careful to also choose a good conditioner, oil and toner for your hair.
When your hair is not clean, it causes a build-up of dirt, oils, and sweat in your hair and also on your scalp. This build-up in your scalp leads to clogged follicles and also dandruff. This leads to hair fall too. If you are one of those people whose hair is prone to dandruff, dryness and scalp becomes itchy and flaky, then your best solution is a good natural mild shampoo that you wash your hair with as frequently as possible.
Interestingly, it not oil but moisture that keeps your hair elastic and supple. In India we tend to believe that hair oil can take care of all problems, but regular washing with water and shampoo is also equally important for really healthy and beautiful lustrous hair.
So here are a few good mild shampoos for reducing the problems of dandruff and hairfall. See which one looks the best for your particular type of hair and give it a try for a few days. You will know within a week whether the shampoo is having a good effect or not. If you feel that the effect is not any better than before, then try a few others. It may takes some experimentation before you find a shampoo that suits your hair and gives the best results.
Indulekha Bringha Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
This mild shampoo is also great for preventing hair fall and dandruff. It is an Ayurvedic shampoo and contains the goodness and beneficial properties of 9 bhringa plants. This mild shampoo does not contain any added colours or fragrance. The main benefits is that it restores the natural goodness of hair, prevents hair fall and improves your hair's health.
You can find it on Amazon India here.
Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo
This mild herbal shampoo is very good for strengthening your hair. It prevents hairfall and dandruff, and is excellent for every day hair care. It offers the powerful benefit of strengthening the hair from the roots to reduce hairfall.
Have a look at it on Amazon India here.
Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser, Bhringraj and Shikakai
The Forest Essentials Bhringraj and Shikakai shampoo is highly effective for controlling hair fall and thinning. It also prevents hair breakage and in its essence it promotes hair regrowth. The bhringraj in it works to reduce hair fall and improve the growth of hair. The shikakai works towards controlling dandruff and reducing it, and also stimulating new hair growth. it benefits include control of hair fall, thinning, dandruff and breakage.
Check it out on Amazon India here.
Need a shampoo for damaged hair?
Why do you need a shampoo for damaged hair
Damaged hair can have many causes, and living in a polluted city is itself damaging for your hair. That is why you should opt for a good shampoo that helps improve hair health and rejuvenate damaged hair. here is a great selection of shampoos for damaged hair. Just choose the one that you like and go for it.
Give strength to your hair!
Your hair can get damaged due to many reasons - over-washing, excessive sun exposure, harsh shampoos, frequent coloring & hair treatments. This can also lead to excessive hair fall.
Don't forget to condition your hair after shampooing!
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Damaged Hair
Need a shampoo to control dandruff?
Choosing the right anti dandruff shampoo - 10 key points
1. Choose the anti-dandruff shampoo according to your hair type. If you have dry hair, then the shampoo will have some moisturizing agent in it, and if your hair is oily then the shampoo will strip away most oils from your hair. So try and match the shampoo to your hair type.
2. Try to figure out why you are getting dandruff (you can even consult a doctor if it is severe or you are unable to find the cause yourself) and then look for a treatment that will attack the cause of our dandruff.
3. Mostly dandruff is caused by something called seborrheic dermatitis which is believed to be caused by fungi and also due to several kinds of fungi like Malassezia fungi. Thus there are always anti-fungal components in anti-dandruff shampoos.
4. Salicylic acids are there in many anti-dandruff as it removes skin cells. The problem is that with some people it makes the scalp very dry and causes even more dandruff. Keep this point in mind.
5. It is advisable to try several brands of shampoo and not keep using only one. You may notice that one brand of shampoo becomes ineffective after a while, then you should shift to another brand that has a different active agent to fight the fungus.
6. Since there are medications added into anti-dandruff shampoos, try not to leave the shampoo in your hair for more than 2-4 minutes.
7. Many shampoos contain coal tar as it is a natural anti-fungal agent. However, if you have coloured hair, the long term use of coal tar can cause staining of your hair.
8. If you do not like using chemicals in your hair go in for a organic anti-dandruff shampoo. They usually contain tea tree oil which is a natural anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antiseptic treatment. Other natural ingredients that are used are sage, rosemary, jojoba, aloe vera etc.
9. Green Tea is being touted as a good organic anti-dandruff treatment and you could try out shampoos with this component.
10. If your shampoo has salicylic acids or coal tar then make sure that there is a moisturizing agent in the shampoo itself or you use a moisturizing conditioner with the shampoo.
Be Happy, Shiny People!
Are you conscious of dandruff on your shoulder? Do you feel itchy and scratchy in your scalp?
Don't let this hold you back. Face the world full of confidence!
Try one of the best anti dandruff shampoos available and banish dandruff forever!
Top 10 Best Anti Dandruff Shampoos
Prevent hair loss now.
Why do you need a shampoo to prevent hair loss
Hair loss today is prevalent in almost every walk of life, age is no longer the only factor causing this. Choose the right shampoo to prevent hair loss, the best to 10 anti hair loss shampoos are available here for you to choose from.
Regain Your Best!
There can be various reasons for hair loss - environmental, physical, genetic, hormonal changes etc.
In addition to other preventive measures, choosing the right shampoo to prevent hair loss is important.
Choose from the top 10 best shampoos available to prevent hair loss from the options available here.
Top 10 Best Anti Hair Loss Shampoos
It's time to go natural now!
Why do you need a Herbal or Organic shampoo
Switching to a herbal natural shampoo is a good decision on many counts. Here are some of the most important ones -
1. They are free of sulfates and parabens. Certain studies have shown that while they clean oil and grime, sulfates may be one of the causes of hair thinning and falling. Parabens may cause aggravation of skin conditions such as dermatitis and rosacea. Small children may suffer from allergic reactions to parabens.
2. All ingredients are natural and non allergenic, making such shampoos suitable for all skin types.
3. They are environment friendly as all ingredients are bio degradeable
4. They have a mild and pleasant fragrance
5. They infuse natural oils and herbal extracts to the hair follicles, maintaining moisture and overall condition of the hair.
Herbal shampoos are a great alternative if you are particularly sensitive to synthetic products.
These are also a great option to introduce small children to a healthy hygiene routine
Top 10 Best Herbal Shampoos
Choosing the best shampoo for your little one.
Why Does Your Little One Need a Special Shampoo
A baby's skin is is very sensitive and absorbent making it essential to choose a very mild product for the little one. Here are some points to keep in mind while selecting the right shampoo for your baby -
1. The shampoo should be pH balanced and alcohol free.
2. Babies being extremely sensitive, choose a shampoo that is free of any fragrance.
3. Be careful to read the labels on the shampoo to make an informed choice on the shampoo for your baby.
Before using a product on a baby, be sure to do a patch test to see if there is any reaction.
Be aware of the use by date and any other warnings on the label of the shampoo.
Top 10 Best Baby Shampoos
Complete hair care regimen in one step.
Why Is a Conditioning Shampoo Necessary
Presenting the benefits of shampooing and conditioning in one great product - the conditioning shampoo.
Using a conditioning shampoo will ensure that your scalp will not lose natural oils and dry out even with frequent shampooing. This shampoo is particularly effective if one has curly or color treated hair.
Just let your hair down
Conditioning shampoos have fewer chemicals than regular shampoos making them ideal for treated hair.
They are gentle, detergent-free, all-in-one formulas that clean, hydrate and condition hair in one step, ideal for today's person on the go!
Top 10 Best Conditioning Shampoos
Complete hair care for dry and frizzy hair.
Special Formulation for Dry Hair
A shampoo specially formulated for dry hair will lock in moisture and block humidity. Such a shampoo will help in keeping your hair smooth, shiny, free of frizz, hydrated and manageable.
Choose a shampoo best suited to your dry hair from the options below.
Top 10 Best Shampoo for Dry Hair
Top 10 Best Shampoo for Dry Frizzy Hair
Top 10 Best Mild Shampoo for Dry Hair
Other Specialized Shampoos, for Hair Growth, Hair Fall and Men's Shampoo
Unique requirements need special shampoos.
Choose a shampoo best suited to you from the options below.
Top 10 Best Men's Shampoo
Top 10 Best Shampoo for Hair Growth
Top 10 Best Shampoo for Hair Loss
Want to see even more? Hit search…
Top 10 Best Mild Shampoos in India you can buy today!